Recipe by gwynn
This is a very easy recipe to put together. Came from a cookbook at my work place.
Top Review by Bayhill
YUMMMM!! These are so good!! They are easy to make and go together very quickly. My son thought they tasted like Butterfinger candy bars. My family loves chocolate and peanut butter and gave these 2 big thumbs up. I made the recipe as written except that I used milk chocolate chips...just a personal preference. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. It is definitely a keeper!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the last four.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until melted. Spread evenly.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter and milk; Beat well.
- Put over chocolate chips.
- Cut into 2 1/2 x 3/4 inch pieces.