Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delish! Like peanut butter fudge, but better!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon paraffin wax
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter.
- Stir in the sugar, then the corn syrup.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into bite size balls.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
- After the refrigeration period, in a double broiler, melt the semi-sweet chocolate, vegetable oil and paraffin, constantly stirring until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool to 90 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Dip peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Chocolate mixture should be approximately 90 degrees F during the entire dipping process (If the mixture thickens before you finish dipping, return the pan to heat and bring back to 90 degrees F).
- Refrigerate finished product in an airtight container.