Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are made using Reese's Peanut Butter Cups YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine (not spread)
- 141.74 g unsweetened baking chocolate
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 3 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 8 reese peanut butter cups, reserve remaining 2 for garnish (0.6 oz each from a 6-oz pkg of 10)
- 177.44 ml bittersweet chocolate chips or 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 7.39 ml corn syrup
- M&M's peanut chocolate candy
- 56.69 g reese fast break candy bars, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-in.
- square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend above pan on 2 sides.
- Coat foil with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat or in microwave, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Add flour; stir until smooth.
- Spread half the batter in pan (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Cut peanut butter cups in half and distribute evenly over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile make Glaze: Melt chocolate and butter in microwave or a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup until blended.
- Cool 10 minutes or until no longer hot, but still loose and spreadable.
- Spread over brownies.
- To garnish: Cut both reserved peanut butter cups in 8 wedges.
- Sprinkle on brownies along with other garnishes.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes until Glaze sets.
- Cover after cooling (to avoid condensation) and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- To serve: Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board.
- Cut brownie in 36 squares.
- PLANNING TIP: Can be made through Step 6 up to 3 days ahead.
- Refrigerate covered.
These are very good. I had to cook them for a longer period of time then stated. I didn't have a 9 inch square pan, so I used a 8 inch square. I doubled checked recipe thinking that maybe I had made a mistake and they were suppose to go in a 9x13 pan. But it says 9 inch square so I just kept adding a few more minutes until they were done. Did the glaze but didn't put any of the garnish candy on. Didn't need it, these are very rich brownies. We all loved them and will make them again.
These were great! I made them with the smaller reese's cups though and crumbled them for the middle layer. Very yummy and a definite favorite at our house.