Recipe by StaceyB
These are my favorite peanut butter cookies. They are so delicious. Be sure to use real butter, that is the key to the best tasting cookies. I found the recipe in the Pillsbury Complete Cook Book.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 28.39 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
- Scoop dough with a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Dip fork in 1/8 cup sugar and flatten dough with a crisscross pattern.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 6 to 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Put cookies on wire racks to cool completely before putting in a cookie jar.