Recipe by mandikaake
I use Jarrow Naturals Unflavored Whey Protein Powder for these. For the sweetener I've used maple syrup in place of the honey while my neighbor has used stevia.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups protein powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peanut butter and butter in glass dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Take this out and stir till melted together.
- Add in vanilla and sweetener and stir till combined.
- Next, add in the protein powder and stir till combined.
- Add in the oats and stir till combined. Depending on what kind/how much sweetener you use, you may need to add a bit more or a bit less oats. You want a nice thick batter.
- Pour into parchment paper lined 8x8 pan and pat out.
- Refrigerate till solid.
- Cut into bars and wrap individually. Keep refrigerated till ready to use.
- Here's the protein break down if you cut into 12 bars for the ingredients I used.
- Peanut butter - 56 grams.
- Protein Powder 56 grams.
- Oats 10 grams.
- Total 122 grams protein for the whole recipe. This calculates to around 12 grams of protein per bar.