Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different kind of cookie, supposed to be something close to a peanut brittle...this cookie is very crispy and delicious, great to dunk in you coffee.(note servings depends on how many pieces are broken up)
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (300 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 (300 g) package peanut butter chips (or half pkg of each)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 15x10-in shallow baking pan (ungreased).
- In a medium bowl, combine rolled oats and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips, coconut and peanuts.
- Press mixture evenly into ungreased baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Break into irregular pieces.