Recipe by southerncook
A quick and easy low fat treat.
Top Review by Debidoo
I thought this recipe had a pretty good flavor, but found that the bars didn't seem to hold together too well. They are chewy, which is okay, but I was looking for a more crunchy, solid bar. I'm finding that with many of the granola bar recipes I've tried so far, so maybe I just haven't found the right one, or maybe the problem is the cook! :p
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, coconut, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, corn syrup, honey, peanut butter, water and vanilla until well combined.
- Pat the mixture into a prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden and the bars seem firm.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack completely before cutting into bars.