Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these rich, very sweet, addictive cookies. I adapted this recipe from one I found and loved on allrecipes.com. I have altered it somewhat to suit my tastes and my preferred baking techniques but this is based on the recipe known there as Aunt Cora's World's Best Cookies. Cook time is per batch, cooking one sheet at a time.
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sweet creamy peanut butter (do not use reduced fat versions - I use Jiff or Peter Pan brands)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup light muscovado sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Have ready at least 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and both sugars and beat until combined well.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking soda gradually until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a meatball scooper or a spoon, scoop out small portions of dough and drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2" gap between each cookie.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are just firm around the edges- don't overbake- if you wait until they are brown on top, they will be too hard.
- Slide parchment sheet, cookies and all, carefully off pan and onto your counter, set a new piece of parchment paper onto your baking sheet and repeat until all dough is baked.
- Meanwhile, as the next batch bakes, remove baked cookies from the parchment and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Wipe off the crumbs from the old sheet of parchment and you can reuse it for your next batch.
- These will keep about 3 days stored in a cookie tin (for crisp cookies) or an airtight plastic container (for softer cookies).
Everyone try these cookies! Heather these are fantastic, and so soft even days later! These are the best cookies I have made in quite awhile and I back almost daily. Ty for the super 5++++++++ star recipe!
These cookies came out really well! I followed the cooking directions to a tee and they came out nice and soft! I substituted semi-sweet chocolate (sliced) and dried cranberries for the chocolate chips. The berries were a nice kick!
I make these as a bar cookie. Mix as directed, but preheat the oven to 375. Spread all the cookie dough into a 10x15" or so jelly roll pan, and bake 20-25 minutes. So easy and yummy!