Recipe by Jen Neal
This is a very nice treat for the family.
Top Review by nranger7
This recipe was very easy to make. It sure is important to cut the bars when they are warm! My bars hardened quite a bit - especially at the outer edge. I only had creamy peanut butter and it seemed to me like there was too much of it. If I make these again, I definitely will use crunchy and not substitute with creamy. I think that really made a big difference.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In large bowl, cream butter, syrup and sugar.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- With moistened hands press mixture firmly into well greased 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for fifteen minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Spread on cookie base.
- Cut into bars while warm.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until topping is set.
- Store in a cool place.
- Makes 5 dozen.