Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
A decadent cookie that is easier to make than it looks.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) bagchocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix shortening, peanut butter, vanilla, milk, and egg in separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix until dough is formed.
- Shape int balls approximately the size of a standard golf ball.
- Fill a small dish with sugar. Roll balls in the sugar until coated.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Place chocolate kiss in the center of cookie immediatley after cookies come out of the oven.
I also used the Reese's Miniatures instead of the kisses. I used my mini muffins pans, and the results were delicious!
I substituted the Reese's Miniatures for the Hershey's Kisses and these cookies turned out so great. Yum!