Recipe by Lisa Connelly
Kids love these, and as they're so easy to make, they can even make them themselves with adult supervision. Make them even more fun by turning them into peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by putting some jam in the middle. Suitable for home freezing.
- 275 g crunchy peanut butter
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 2 -3 drops real vanilla essence
- 1 large egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and sugar together then beat in the vanilla essence and the beaten egg.
- The dough should be very stiff.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces and roll them into balls with your hands.
- Space the pieces well apart on some well greased baking sheets, then flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave them on the sheets for a few minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack until completely cold.