I just started back to the gym after having my second child two months ago and was experimenting to find a smoothie high in protein and low in sugar to augment my workouts. I have this almost daily! It tastes like a decadent milk shake, and yet it is actually good for you. The real trick is to use previously sliced and frozen bananas. I buy bananas by the armload and then when they start to get riper than what I would want for eating, I peel and slice and put in Ziploc freezer bags. Then they can be used in almost any recipe asking for fresh ripe bananas.
- Break apart banana slices as well as you can, by using a butter knife or pounding them on counter.
- It is not necessary to have all pieces separated, depending on the power of you blender (my Oster has no problem with this).
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Start on low chop or grind setting, as if trying to blend ice.
- When all of the banana slices have been blended and are no longer visible, blend for 30 seconds on blend mode.
- Serve immediately.
I might have put to little milk in and too much peanut butter so it came out really thick but it was delicious! I also added a little vanilla fro-yo which was good. Great recipe, thanks!
This is so good! I did indeed feel like I was eating a decadent milk shake!! This is great for my diet and makes me feel like I am cheating! I didn't have any protein powder to use but still LOVE it!!! Thank you so much!
We love smoothies and this one is 5 star! I used 1 cup of homemade yogurt with only a splash of milk instead of the 1 cup milk. Like dessert for breakfast!