This is a recipe that my mom used to make at Christmas. She always played ingredients by ear, so the measurements are approximate. These are chocolate coated peanut butter balls and are very sweet and addictive. They also taste very good without the chocolate coating for those that aren't into chocolate. (prep time includes rolling time and dip time and if a smaller batch is made then it can be drastically decreased)
- 1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients by hand, with the exception of the chocolate chips.
- 2. roll into bitesize balls Note: if mix is too runny or soft, add more rice Krispies, if its too crumbly, add more peanut butter.
- 3. Melt chocolate over double boiler or in saucepan over low heat. adding wax till the chocolate looks shiny, (this helps it harden as a coating so might be optional, I have never tried it with it).
- 4. dip balls in chocolate, roll them around and take them out and place them on wax paper until the chocolate coating hardens.
- 5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in the freezer.