Recipe by Erindipity
These are a Christmas tradition at our house. I loved making them as a little girl and my six year old daughter helped me make some this year. It is my understanding they no longer recommend you eat Paraffin wax. You can use candy making chocolate if you prefer. Of note: these freeze really well and can be made several weeks before Christmas.
- 1 lb margarine
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 lb paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and peanut butter over medium heat. Add vanilla.
- Place sugar in a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over the sugar. Mix well.
- Roll into small balls (about 1 inch).
- Chill in freezer until balls are firm.
- Melt wax in a double boiler. Add chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Dip balls into chocolate. Cool on wax paper.