Recipe by Ilysse
I swear its good. I eat it at least once a week and have to stop myself from eating a second one. They are sooooo good. My kids like it with ritz cracker rather than bread. Amounts are approximate, if you want more or less of anything, do it. I just posted a typical serving size of each item, I never measure.
- 2 slices bread (your favorite type)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (we like creamy)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread if desired. I like it lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix the tuna and the mayo together to make tuna salad.
- Spread half the peanut butter on one side of one slice of bread and top with tuna salad.
- Spread one side of the other slice of bread with the remaining peanut butter and place it over the tuna, peanut butter side down.
- Cut in half if desired and enjoy.
- You can mix things up a little by adding some relish to the tuna or add some crunch with slices of cucumber (cucumber and peanut butter is another favorite sandwich), onion, or diced waterchestnuts.