These are in honor of my dad, who lives on PB&J. They sound a bit different, but they taste so good! I made them in jumbo muffin tins so that each one was a mini-cake, but regular cupcakes are adorable.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- raspberry jelly, for filling (roughly half a cup)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- milk, for desired consistancy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add banana and mix til combined,then add one egg at a time.
- Add dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Spoon batter into tins until about half full; drop a rounded teaspoon of jelly in the center of each. Spoon batter over jelly until covered.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting:.
- In a large bowl beat butter, peanut buter and cream cheese until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Stir in sugar carefully, then beat til combined, addding 1/2 a tablespoon of milk, then a few more drops if needed. Mix on high til frosting id fluffy.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and enjoy with a big glass of milk!
The eggs are listed right below the ripe banana.
there are eggs listed in the directions but not in the ingredients.....