Recipe by evelyn/athens
I will admit to eating this sandwich whenever I crave 'kiddy comfort food'. Turning it into french toast is a great idea.
- 8 slices bread (use a really good quality, dense, white bread)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (or more)
- icing sugar
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until blended.
- Set aside.
- Make 4 peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
- Soak sandwiches in egg mixture until all or most of the egg mixture has been absorbed.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and fry sandwiches until both sides are golden brown and crisp, turning over halfway through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Cut french toast into diagonals and sprinkle with icing sugar when serving.
- If desired, drizzle with honey or maple syrup.