Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crunchy and sweet. This is a tasty treat! I love to eat! this great sweet!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups unroasted raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in saucepan and stir well.
- Bring to a boil while washing down the sides of the pan with a pastry brush.
- Boil to 232 degrees ( use a candy thermometer).
- Place lid on pan and cook for one minute.
- Add peanuts.
- When candy begins to boil, stir slowly with a wooden spoon (avoid hitting sides of pan.) Cook sugar and peanuts to 305 degrees and then add the butter.
- Remove from heat and immediately add soda, salt.
- and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour onto buttered marble slab or cookie sheet and spread quickly with back of wooden spoon.
- When it has cooled and has set up. Break into pieces.