Out of all the cobblers I have tried, this is my favorite! I got this from one of my sisters, and changed it a litttle. Sometimes I add raspberries or blueberries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peaches in bowl, add 1 cup sugar. Stir and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift all dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- In separate bowl, add vanilla to milk. Stir dry ingredients into milk mixture.
- Melt butter and add to milk/flour mixture. Place peach/sugar mixture in 11"x 8" baking dish. Pour batter over top.
- Bake at 350*F. 30 minutes. Then turn up to 400*F. and bake another 15 minutes.