Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Out of all the cobblers I have tried, this is my favorite! I got this from one of my sisters, and changed it a litttle. Sometimes I add raspberries or blueberries, etc.
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (or mace or cloves)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peaches in bowl, add 1 cup sugar. Stir and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift all dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- In separate bowl, add vanilla to milk. Stir dry ingredients into milk mixture.
- Melt butter and add to milk/flour mixture. Place peach/sugar mixture in 11"x 8" baking dish. Pour batter over top.
- Bake at 350*F. 30 minutes. Then turn up to 400*F. and bake another 15 minutes.
Yum !!! I loved it ate almost all within day one :) I also used canned peaches and only have the sugar for the peaches figuring i didnt want it to be to sweet !
I tried this recipe tonight for company. I made a few changes although none major. I used 1 cup of white sugar with the sliced peaches but also added a tablespoon of tapioca at the same time to ultimately thicken the sauce up. Instead of using the remaining one cup of sugar in the topping I substituted the Splenda equivalent. Our company kept saying over and over how wonderful the cobbler was. Thank you for a great recipe!
FALL PAC 2008: Outstanding!! I did have to cheat and use canned peaches. But it was fantastic even with the substitution!! I can't wait to make this again!