Recipe by Julesong
Both kids and adults love this dish! In summer, serve with buttery biscuits or cornbread and vegetables, in winter with gingerbread.
Top Review by Cassaroo
Very easy dish to prepare. However, it was lacking in taste. May I suggest reserving the peach juice/syrup, adding some soy sauce. Heat this on the stove and add the peaches (chopped). When the recipe calls for the peaches to be added to the chicken, pour the "sauce" you have created over the chicken and finish baking. Place the chicken and peaches over cooked rice.
- 1 chicken, in pieces or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 can peach halves in syrup
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse off the chicken pieces under running water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the flour, salt, pepper, and powdered ginger.
- Add 2 pieces of chicken or chicken breasts to the bag and shake to cover with flour mixture; remove pieces and repeat with remaining chicken until all pieces are dusted with flour mixture.
- Put melted butter and oil in a large baking dish, turning dish to coat the bottom surface.
- Places chicken pieces or breasts in a single layer in the baking dish; sprinkle with sherry.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; uncover and turn the chicken.
- Leave uncovered and bake another 10 minutes, then place the peach halves on the chicken, sprinkle with chopped green onion, and return the dish to the oven.
- Continue baking uncovered until the chicken is done and the peaches are hot, about 10 to 15 minutes.