Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick recipe using canned peaches. From the Quick Short Recipe cookbook.
- 1 day-old sponge cake, cut into cubes
- 825 g peaches, canned sliced (1lb 13oz)
- 60 ml marsala (1/4 cup)
- 250 ml cream (1 cup)
- 220 g mascarpone cheese (1 cup)
- 25 g flaked almonds, toasted (1/4 cup)
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Combine the reserved juice with marsala. Place sponge cake cubes in an 8 cup (2 litre) dish and press down firmly. Drizzle with marsala mixture.
- Arrange the sliced peaches over the cake.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add marscapone and beat until just combined. Spread mixture over peaches.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavours to develop.
- Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.