Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Cake Mix Magic." This recipe uses canned peaches that are later pureed to give peachy flavor to both the cake and the peach cream cheese frosting. I think you could probably use peach baby food if you didn't want to have to puree the peaches.
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, well drained then pureed, divided (should make about 2 cups puree)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- reserved peach puree
- Measure 1 1/4 cups of peach puree for the cake and 1/2 cup for the frosting. In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, eggs, 1 1/4 cups puree and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread batter in greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 350*F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- For frosting: Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Stir in peach puree. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until combined and smooth. Frost cake and chill until serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Good - but I imagine if you used the whole 4 cups of powdered sugar in the frosting it would be too sweet. I used 2 1/2, but of course the frosting was really runny.