Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These were an experiment with fresh peaches after the hubby complained about the stores not carrying pies. I didn't have a pie crust on hand, and not a lot of free time to make one, but I did have tart shells. These turned out very nice. They are best while still warm.
- 2 large peaches
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 12 prepared tart shells
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pit and dice the peaches and place in a heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, water, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat over medium heat untill the mixture thickens.
- Spoon hot mixture into tart shells.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer till peaks form.
- Scoop small dallop onto tarts and serve immediately.