Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this off of hungry-girl.com. Looks like a great sauce for ice cream.
- 354.88 ml frozen whole strawberries
- 354.88 ml peach slices (frozen)
- 29.58 ml Splenda granular
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- Combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt with 1/2 cup of cold water. Stir until all ingredients are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Place fruit in a nonstick pot over medium-low heat. Once fruit begins to thaw, add liquid mixture. Stir.
- As fruit defrosts and heats, use a spatula to break fruit apart into smaller pieces. Continuously stir until mixture becomes uniform, thick and syrupy.
- Can be eaten hot, warm or chilled in the fridge until cold (but it's best eaten the day it's prepared). Enjoy!
This was GREAT! I made it just as directed but only 2 servings. We enjoyed this with pumpkin cake and Cool Whip Lite. YUM! Made for Holiday tag game.