Recipe by Steve P.
I have not tried this recipe I am posting it for a request. It sounds marvelous and should make an excellent homemade Holiday gift too
Top Review by Homegardener
I love these preserves! I make this every year. If I could rate it 4 1/2 stars, I would because of a slight error in the recipe. It tells you to "stir in orange and lemon juices" but doesn't have an amount for the orange juice that goes into the recipe. It's easy to work around, I just add a couple of tablespoons of orange juice, and it's fine. It's probably fine if you don't.
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup water, more if needed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves or 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy, non-reactive saucepot combine raisins and water and let raisins soak until they plump.
- Cut peaches into halves or quarters and combine them with the plumped raisins and water.
- Add zest and heat mixture to simmering until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices and return to a boil.
- Add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring very frequently with a flat bottom wooden spoon, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Test Mixture: Put a spoonful on a chilled saucer and let it cool; when saucer is held on edge, the surface of the jam should wrinkle.
- Add the pecans and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Amaretto.
- Ladle into hot, clean canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Seal with new two-piece lids according to manufacturer's directions and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Cool, label, and store.
- Best if allowed to mellow in the jars for two weeks before serving.
- Makes great holiday gifts.