Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from our "Sprout" family cookbook, put together by my cousin Vicki, as a labor of love & birthday gift for her mom's 71st birthday. This is one of Vicki's recipes. She says in her notes in our cookbook, "My husband likes this pie so much, he sometimes requests it for his birthday "cake". "My mother-in-law gave the recipe to a friend, who won first prize in a contest for her peach of a pie!" I had it at my mom's yesterday and it was delicious! My mom made this yesterday and simply thought she was just trying a new recipe for desert for a cookout with her and my brother and his family, but it was a cookout AND "surprise" for her 72nd birthday, and a get-together with all of us "kids", with me being almost 2 hours away, her youngest, her only girl, and had because of our schedules I had not been able to see her for several months. Needless to say, she was as delighted to have her kids there, as were we to be able to be there. ;) To me this tastes like a peach cheesecake, and would taste best chilled. It's inexpensive, uses ingredients that most of us keep on hand, and is quick and easy to make! I think this would also satisfy a cheesecake craving without so many calories.
- 3⁄4 cup flour or 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour (- the salt and baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain peaches very well, reserving 3 Tablespoons juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix (dry), butter, egg, and milk.
- Mix 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Pour into lightly greased 10-inch pie pan.
- Arrange well-drained peaches over batter.
- Combine softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 Tablespoons of peach juice.
- Beat 2 minutes and spoon on top of peaches.
- Combine 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20 to 30 minutes.