Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy to make moist fruit bread. Absolutely irresistible!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk or 1⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup peach, mashed, drained canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar;add eggs and orange extract, beat well.
- Stir in buttermilk and mashed drained canned peaches.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing until all dry particles are moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.