These look so good, I've got to make some soon! Made with peach and raspberry preserves! Putting here for safekeeping. Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7 inch or 9 inch square pan. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread peach preserves over crust in pan. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over peach preserves.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.