Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious breakfast from Australian BH&G Divabetic Living.
- 200 g peach slices in juice (natural)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla essence)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices fruit bread (toasted)
- 120 g low-fat ricotta (fresh)
- Drain the peach slices and reserve 1/4 cup (60ml) of the juice.
- Put the cornflour in a small bowl and stir in enough of the reserved peach juice to make a smooth paste and then stir in the remaining peach juice and pour into a small saucepan and add the vanilla bean paste (or essence) and half the cinnamon and cook, stirring over a medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minutes and then add the peach slices and cook stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Spread the toast with the ricotta and top each with peach slices and divide between 2 serving plates and drizzle the peach syrup over and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon to serve.