1/2 Photos of Peach and Fig Preserves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring enough water to cover peaches to a boil. Put peaches in the boiling water for just 1 minute or under. Take them out with a slotted spoon and place them in cold water. Peel and slice peaches. Discard peach pits.
- 2In a large pot place sugar, vanilla pod and the seeds, figs, peaches, with optional cinnamon or ginger, lemon juice, zest and meat of lemon.
- 3Stir to release juices it will be thick. Simmer over low heat stirring not to burn. Juices will come and when it does raise heat to high stirring most of the time.
- 4Remove vanilla and cinnamon.
- 5With an immersion blender blend fruit till chunky smooth.
- 6Add back the vanilla and cinnamon.
- 7As mixture thicken, you must stir more frequently to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 8When it hits a rolling boil for 15 minutes all the time stirring add liquor cook 1 minute.
- 9To test whether the jam is ready, place a cold metal spoon in the mixture and tilt. The jam should form a single stream.
- 10Remove and discard bean and cinnamon.
- 11Pour into sterile jars and process 10 minutes.
- 12Optional for those that like it smoother without chunks you can blend the figs before adding to sugar or use an immersion blender while cooking.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Fig Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (2201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 144.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: