1/1 Photo of Pea Soup
You can have this simple, tasty soup ready in a flash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and saute carrot and scallions.
- 2Add flour and cook, stirring, until foamy.
- 3Add the evaporated milk and the broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add peas, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5Whirl the soup in a blender, a portion at a time, until smooth.
- 6Return puree to the pan, stir in the sherry to taste, and heat through.
- 7Serve hot or cold, float a lemon slice on each bowl of soup and sprinkle some parsley over.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g