Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can have this simple, tasty soup ready in a flash.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 -3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry
- minced fresh parsley
- lemon slice
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and saute carrot and scallions.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until foamy.
- Add the evaporated milk and the broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Whirl the soup in a blender, a portion at a time, until smooth.
- Return puree to the pan, stir in the sherry to taste, and heat through.
- Serve hot or cold, float a lemon slice on each bowl of soup and sprinkle some parsley over.
What a terrific full bodied soup. Was really easy to make. I used my "wand" to puree it. The carrots gave it a nice sweetness and the sherry was a nice topper!! This was quite the soup for a soup and sandwich dinner!! Thanks silky
This is a very earthy soup. The fresh pea taste comes through. Perfect for a light dinner. Not heavy like a lot of split-peas soups.