Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think this is Craig Claiborne's recipe. My Mom makes this and it is wonderful! Enjoy!
- 1 (40 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1.Rinse kidney beans and chickpeas. Set aside.
- 2, In medium saucepan sauté garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add beans, chickpeas, and remaining ingredients
- and bring to a boil.
- 3. Simmer for 20 minutes or longer until thick.