Recipe by LindseyKay
My grandpaw is the best cook in the world. Hands down. Anything that he makes is heavenly, especially this cheesecake. After much prodding, he finally gave our family the recipe!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 7 large eggs
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingreduants into the food processor together and blend. Press into bottom of 10" springform pan and up 1" of the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 2c of sugar, beating well. Beat eggs and vanilla into the mixture. Add sour cream and pour batter into the chilled crust.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 325 and bake for 15 more minutes (At this point the cheesecake will be even with or slighly over the edges of the pan). Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 30 minutes more. Then open the oven door and let it stay there for another hour or more to cool. Cover and chill overnight to serve.