Recipe by riffraff
I got this from FoodTV. I get my crabs, live from the Asian market. Serve with tons of napkins as this is a messy dish but totally delicious.
- 6 live blue crabs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot drop crabs into boiling water, making sure water covers the crabs.
- Add Old Bay and salt to boiling water and crabs.
- Cook until crabs are red, approximately 10 minutes.
- Let crabs cool to the touch.
- Remove the lungs (they can be found by lifting the back shell up, they look like"fingers").
- Leave any roe in there and also leave the claws attached.
- Crack crabs down the middle, making 2 pieces of each crab.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter and add garlic and parsley (I always add a little Tony Cacheres or cayenne too).
- Place the crabs in the butter mixture, coating them and then place on a platter.
- Pour remaining butter from skillet onto the crabs before serving.
- Serve with bread to sop up the extra butter on the platter.