Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These sandwiches were in this month's newsletter from Paula and they are WONDERFUL!!!!
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices country white bread
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, almonds, parsley, honey, and salt, tossing gently to combine.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread evenly with Thousand Island dressing. Top half of bread slices evenly with chicken salad. Place 2 slices Swiss cheese over chicken. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Spread half of butter on outside of one side of each sandwich. Place sandwiches, buttered side down, onto a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread remaining butter on ungrilled sides of sandwiches, and cook until golden and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
I love Paula and she can cook for me anytime! I cut the recipe down for 1 sandwich. This chicken salad is heavenly (and messy) lol! I did leave off the thousand Island (never did like it) but followed the rest of the directions. Afraid with this calorie count I won't have another (maybe in a few months). Thanks for sharing Sheribeth. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Just delicious--but alas, messy. Oh, well, if you can't bathe in your food, what fun is that? Lovely flavours and love the swiss with the thousand island. Made for football, 2009.
I thought I left my review for this earlier this morning, but it hasn't shown up. This sandwich is great. I agree with another poster, the sandwich is messy, but it is worth it because of the taste. I loved the combinations...I wouldn't change a thing! Made for football tag!