1/3 Photos of Pattypan Squash Fritters
Pattypan is very mild-flavored, so my husband will eat it. And it's abundant, too, so we're always looking for ways to serve it. Served with fresh corn and sliced tomatoes, this is a meatless meal. Try a horseradish sauce for the fritters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before shredding, cut out the stem of the squash, but there's no need to peel it.
- 2If the squash is large, more than 4 inches across, you may wish to cut out the bigger seeds.
- 3Preheat about 1/2 inch oil over medium-high heat in a deep skillet.
- 4Beat the eggs, milk and oil into the squash in a large bowl, then add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined with a few strokes.
- 5Drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil-- in a big skillet, you can cook up to 8 at a time.
- 6Cook until brown, turn with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
- 7Drain on newspaper or other suitable draining surface.
- 8Serve with horseradish sauce, ketchup or whatever catches your fancy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pattypan Squash Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 241.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g