Recipe by Latchy
A good recipe for one without meat from the Cooking for One cookbook. Cook time does not include refrigeration time.
- 315 g canned butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To make patties, place half the beans in a bowl and mash.
- Add remaining beans, breadcrumbs made from stale bread, carrot, chives, egg, tomato sauce and black pepper to taste and mix to combine.
- Using wet hands, shape bean mixture into six patties, then roll patties in dried breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place patties on a tray lined with plastic food wrap, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side.
- To make sauce, place avocado, sour cream, chili powder and lemon juice in saucepan and heat until just warm.
- Serve sauce over patties.