Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The success to pate sucree is to keep the dough very cold, it shouldn't be handled too much with your hands, for best results freeze the butter cubes for about 10-15 minutes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup very cold butter, preferably unsalted cut in small pieces (I put the butter in the freezer for 10 minutes)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons very cold ice water (I let ice sit in a cup for 10 minutes)
- In a food processor, place the flour and the sugar; pulse just to combine.
- Add in COLD butter pieces; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal (this should take no more than only 10-20 seconds) do not overprocess.
- In a glass or cup lightly beat egg yolks, just to combine; add in the icewater to the yolks; mix to combine.
- While the machine is running; add in the yolk/water mixture; process JUST until dough holds together.
- Remove the dough from machine, separate in two balls then wrap in plastic wrap (keep the dough cold, try not to handle too much).
- Refrigerate 1 or more hours before using Note: the dough can be frozen if desired, make sure that it is wrapped in plastic wrap, and then again in foil.