Recipe by NannyMarvel
Chilean potato pie - a staple in this country. It's good country food and simple to make.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This recipe was such an adventure! This seems like such an odd mixture of ingredients, but it really works. I was tempted to change many things (add liquid for a "gravy", skip the raisins as I am not a fan) but I didn't and I'm glad I tried the recipe "as is". I did, however, use ground turkey because I don't eat beef. Otherwise made as stated and thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks for giving me this culinary adventure :). Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 1 cup black olives, whole
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, soaked in warm water
- salt and pepper
- 6 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and mash with milk, butter and salt. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and chopped onions with cumin, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Some like more cumin than others.
- Drain raisins.
- Drain the ground beef mixture and place in baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Layer the sliced hard boiled eggs, olives and raisins over the meat mixture.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the beef mixture. Sprinkle top of mashed potatoes with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.