Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick/simple pasta w/ sauce.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally; until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the walnuts in a large skillet over low heat, stirring, until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Add in butter; stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta, leaving plenty of moisture still clinging to the surface of the noodles.
- Transfer to a platter; pour half of the walnut butter on top; toss.
- Add the remaining walnut butter and a generous layer of grated cheese; serve.
This was quick and simple, but very tasty! The flavors compliment each other but the texture of the toasted nuts is what makes this dish.