Top Review by lazyme
Hard to believe this hasn't been reviewed yet. We've been making this for years and absolutely love it. It's a nice mix of pasta with veggies and you can spice it up as much as you choose. Thanks for posting.
- 8 ounces pasta (preferably linguine)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
SZECHWAN PEANUT DRESSING MAKES 3/4 CUP
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock, Hot or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry red pepper, crushed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente. While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli florets.
- In a med mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter and stock or water until smooth.
- Stir in remaining dressing ingredients.
- When pasta is done, drain well.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat well.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes; toss again.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- 4 - 6 Servings VARIATIONS: - add more red pepper to taste - try Szechwan Peanut Dressing as a warm topping on steamed vegetables, especially on green beans,broccoli, or cauliflower - make extra dressing to refrigerate and serve later on chilled steamed green beans or broccoli Alan Hewitt The UK Recipe Archive recipes on-line in Mastercookand Mealmaster formats.