Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple April 2006
Make and share this Pasta With Smashed Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta or 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb fettuccine or 1 lb linguine
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, pulse the peas in a food processor or blender until chopped (not pureed).
- Add 1/2 cup of the ricotta, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the pea puree and reserved pasta water and toss.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the remaining ricotta, a sprinkle of chives, and a drizzle of oil.