Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish uses the elements of lasagna but is much quicker and easier to prepare and lighter too. Enjoy with a green salad and garlic bread. 5 WW points from five & under cookbooklett.
- 2 cups radiatore or 2 cups other chunky pasta
- 4 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium nonstick skilet over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage and cook until browned.
- Stir in Sauce; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, parsley, parmesan and pepper in a bowl.
- Add sauce to the pasta; toss to coat.
- Divide pasta between 4 bowls and top each bowl with 2T ricotta mixture.
This is a great dish. It's easy to put together, tastes great and everyone enjoyed it! I doubled the sauce so there was plenty for everyone. Thanks so much for posting!
This quick, easy dish is just wonderful! I did have to sub the sweet sausage for hot (our preference). I made "Fresh Homemade Ricotta Cheese" for this...we really enjoyed this topping instead of just cheese. Thank you for sharing Kelbel!