Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
if you enjoyed my Pasta With Garlic and Oil (Aglio E Olio) then you will like this recipe, you will need the amount of oil and butter stated to coat the pasta, adjust the chili flakes to suit heat level --- all beef salami works the best for this, purchase a whole small chub then chop, all amounts may be adjusted to taste.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta (or mostaccioli pasta)
- 2 cups chopped all beef salami
- 2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil (can use more)
- 8 -10 green onions, chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (use more if desired, the more the better!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and return to the pot, then mix in the cooked peas.
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil medium heat; add in the cubed salami and toss until browned; transfer to the pasta.
- To the same skillet add in butter and 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil; add green onions, garlic and chili flakes; saute until the onions are tender then transfer everything to the pot; toss to combine.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Mix in parmesan cheese then season with salt to taste.