Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The combination of arugula, feta, garlic and pepper flakes creates a flavor bonanza that's far more than the sum of its parts. A perfect use for tough arugula, since a little cooking tenderizes it without driving out flavor.
- 1 medium red potatoes (about 1 cup) or 1 medium yukon gold potato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups packed chopped arugula leaves (about 7 ounces)
- coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta, such as orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated sheep's milk cheese, such as feta
- Cooked the potatoes in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Add the arugula and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the pasta and cook 9 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over low heat and cook the garlic and pepper flakes for 1 minute until garlic is golden.
- Drain the pasta mixture and add the oil mixture and mix well.
- Top with cheese and serve at once.