Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and very tasty
- 1 lb linguine (or taglierini)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 100 g fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus shavings of
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling water until "al dente". Drain and return to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the pine nuts, fresh basil leaves, garlic and Parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow stream until a smooth paste is formed.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Toss the pesto through the hot pasta until it is thoroughly distributed.
- Garnish with shavings of fresh Parmesan.
I can't believe that I have never reviewed this sensational recipe. I make this often, and always to rave reviews. It's real comfort food and very quick to make. It reheats well in the microwave, so it's nice to have some leftovers. I finally took a photo. Thanks so much for posting.
Made for 1 serving (for my DS) using 16 ounces Gnocchi in place of the linguine, 3 tablespoons Flavoured Aromatic Herb and Fruit Oil for the olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts and parm. Delish!
This sure was easy and very tasty - not to mention quick and delicious. I was feeling like something light for dinner this evening and this really went down a treat and took only the time the pasta needed to cook! Quite an elegant dish too, it would be as at home with a simple week night meal as it would at a dinner party. Thank yo louisette69. Enjoy your time in Australia!!