Pasta With Garden Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
- Toss mozzarella and salt together. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is very tender (approx. 10 minutes).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
- Add the tomatoes to the cooked onions and increase the heat to high. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender (approx. 5 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and toss into the tomato-onion mixture to evenly coat. Remove from the heat and stir in the salted mozzarella and 1/4 cup Romano cheese.
- Transfer to a large platter and garnish with basil leaves and remaining cheese.