Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe years ago in the Epicurious archives. This is light, fresh and easy to make
- 12 ounces spaghettini
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 (6 ounce) canschopped clams, drained, juices reserved
- 1⁄2 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; return to same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add drained clams and basil; stir 1 minute.
- Add clam sauce, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and lemon juice to pasta. Toss over medium-high heat until heated through, adding reserved clam juices by 1/4 cupfuls if pasta is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I just tried this recipe tonight with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. Yum! Very nice recipe. Even my daughter liked it.