Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish can be a side dish or main course and is very 'after-work' friendly. You can use any small pasta in this. I usually 'clean out the pantry' of small amounts of different pasta when making this dish.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (such as orzo, small shells or elbow macaroni)
- 1 large fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Trim tough ends from broccoli stalks; separate florets from stalks; lightly peel stalks; slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in broccoli, bacon, pasta and Parmesan; heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
I made this with a pound of pasta. Added some pepper flakes and drizzled some olive oil just before serving. The Parmesan I let every one do thier own. I have picky eaters! This is a quick, easy,and inexpensive meal. Thanks!