Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know where this recipe originates. Probably a Moosewood cookbook but I can't swear to it. A friend of mine sent it to me and my sister and I love it. I don't cook with saffron much but I like the use of it in this recipe.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, cooked,drained,and kept warm
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crumbled saffron thread
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 lb shelled deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the bell pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper in oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the sherry, scallions, and tomatoes; stir.
- Add the saffron to the 1/4 cup boiling water; add to the sauce mixture; increase to high heat and reduce sauce mixture for 1 minute.
- Add in the peas and lower heat; simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook about 4 minutes or until pink.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer cooked linguine to individual pasta bowls.
- Ladle the sauce over the linguine and sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Excellent pasta dish that we will be having again soon.